Note: Jobs will be posted here for at least 30 days, unless filled.
General Manager – Citylink, Abilene, TX (posted 8-8-2017)
Job Title(s) of Employees that Directly Report to this Position:
Various managers and supervisors, which may include:
- Operations Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Safety Trainer
- Assistant General Manager
Total Number of Employees (direct or through subordinates) Supervised by this Position: 51
Job Purpose or Scope: Overall leadership, strategic planning and executive management of the 43-vehicle transit system (fixed route and paratransit) including but not limited to: route planning, fiscal planning and adherence, maintenance planning and management, labor relations, community and public relations, customer service and personnel management. Reports to and supports the city staff/
- Prepares, recommends and monitors/complies with annual budget and develop recommendations and action plan resulting in greater service efficiencies
- Develops and reviews requirements and standards for operations, maintenance, safety and customer service
- Complies with Federal, State and Corporate reporting and procurement requirements
- Works with maintenance manager to ensure vehicles and inventory are at acceptable levels and conditions and meets the needs of the system
- Accepts all responsibility for the system and ensures the system remains functional and safe at all times.
- Enforces adherence to Company and client standards of safety, quality and performance.
- Works with supervisors, safety training manager and Assistant General Manager to manage operations and ensure adequate levels of staffing of qualified drivers
- Ensures a high-level of quality in service delivery and accurate reporting to the client, to FTA and to TXDOT.
- Motivates, leads, trains and develops exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Monitors and oversees the System Safety Program and Asset Management Program
- Provides operating reports and statistics for the client and to First Transit, as requested.
- Oversees employee relations including progressive disciplinary procedures
- Analyzes service level performance data to develop client recommendations for service improvements and identify positive and negative performance trends.
- Satisfying client, corporate and contractual reporting requirements and needs.
- Providing and promoting effective communication between City of Abilene staff, Citylink customers, and the broader community.
Level of decision making: Top tier decision maker, common decisions are directly related to budget, maintenance, planning, operational procedures, personnel and safety.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- Minimum 7 years in transit management with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, transportation or related fields preferred, but comparable years of experience will be considered.
- Budget planning, route planning, labor relations, inventory control, experience in procurement and bidding processes, payroll management, scheduling system management, safety, training and risk management.
- Ability to blend business sense with common sense in the decision making process
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have evidence of building solid relationships with customers, supervisors, peers, community stakeholders and subordinates.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Successful track record in managing budgets and/or P&L responsibility.
- Ability to interface with using agencies, directors, elected officials, operators, and all levels of hourly and salaried employees, including senior management.
- Must be a self-starter able to obtain successful results without supervision.
Senior Vice President for Public Engagement (posted 7-21-2017)
How would you like to live in a city that U.S. News & World Report ranked in its top 25 out of 100 best places to live for 2017? KL2 Connects LLC has been retained by VIA Metropolitan Transit (San Antonio, Texas) to recruit the agency’s next Senior Vice President of Public Engagement. VIA provides San Antonio and its surrounding communities with bus and paratransit services. With strong local support and excellent growth potential VIA is at an exciting point in its history, and this position will play a key role. The winning candidate will be responsible for all public relations and marketing including conducting community outreach and events and developing/administering the marketing and communications plan and budget.
The Senior Vice President will have extensive contact with the community and other government agencies and will be responsible for drafting and implementing legislative priorities. The preferred candidate will have ten-plus progressive years developing and executing marketing and public outreach initiatives through a variety of channels; experience supervising staff, advertising agencies, and consultants; and an accredited Bachelor’s in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, or a related field.
This is an excellent opportunity with a progressive transit agency that offers attractive compensation, relocation, and equal opportunity. While candidates outside of public transit will be considered, direct transportation experience carrying out campaigns that successfully built brand awareness and grew ridership and revenue is strongly preferred. VIA values diversity at all levels of its workforce — women and minorities are encouraged to apply. To be considered, go to https://jobs.kl2connects.com/recruit/Portal.na, select the Senior Vice President of Public Engagement job listing, and provide a letter of interest, resume, salary history, and PDF samples of your campaigns. If you have additional questions please contact Paul Muldoon at firstname.lastname@example.org.