||Sr Mgr Bus Operations-ED
||S14/ Starting Salary: $75,707
||ED – Bus Operations
||East Dallas Transportation
Manages the operations of a bus operating division, including oversight of personnel involved in bus operation activities, for Dallas Area Rapid Transit’s (DART) Transportation Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads, manages, plans, schedules, trains and supervises activities of division personnel.
- Reviews reports pertaining to division and agency Key Performance Indicators (KPI, including but not limited to: safety compliance, incident(s) and accident(s), service quality, customer satisfaction, policy and/or rule violations, payroll and/or budget monitoring to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the division.
- Interviews, recommends selection of, develops, evaluates, counsels and if necessary recommends termination of subordinate personnel according to established policies procedures and guidelines to include EEO/AA Program goals and objectives.
- Assures employee development and training activities are provided in accordance with DARTs improvement initiatives (5 Star) inclusive of our Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Implements, analyzes and modifies division processes and procedures to assure accuracy and efficiency in alignment with department goals and objectives; identifies new technology needs of the division, as well as enhancements to existing technology to support division processes.
- Develops and manages the section budget for the assigned operating division; develops and implements strategies to improve budget performance; assures that staff has a complete understanding of the budget and their responsibilities for monitoring and managing the budget.
- Implements and supports employee communications, recognition, development and wellness programs and initiatives in support of employee engagement and alignment with the goals and objectives of the department and Agency.
- Builds collaborative relationships with all departments, peers, and team members.
- Ensures that the operating facility/physical plant is maintained; ensures that the security of the facility is maintained through the implementation of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Transportation, Business Administration or related fields.
- Eight years progressively responsible experience to include six (6) years in public administration and/or public transportation (transit) including a minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in public transportation (transit) or similar environment and a minimum of two (2) years experience in working directly with a Union or similar environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of supervisory and non-supervisory employees and others both inside and outside of DART.
- Knowledge of personal computer (PC) and software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software; ability to learn Trapeze Ops software.
- Knowledge of typical office equipment such as copier, facsimile, etc.
- Valid Texas A, B, or C drivers license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction within the last sixty (60) consecutive months, not more than one (1) DWI on driving record, and not more than three convictions of moving violations within the last thirty-six (36) consecutive months in order to operate DART non-revenue vehicles.
- Ability to work irregular hours and to be available to work on short notice.
- Use of creativity and knowledge of the business in order to improve customer experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to the section, division, department and DART in handling personnel matters and designated information of a confidential nature.
- Thinks and acts strategically with regards to enhancing the customer experience.
- The ability to generate creative alternatives in situations with a decision quality approach.
- Analytical ability to gather and interpret data, and find solutions to complex technical problems.
- Mental ability to comprehend complex materials and concentrate on details.
Reports to AVP Bus Opers-cant inactivate *
Works in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to dust, noise, or extreme temperatures 70% – 80% of work time. May be moderately exposed to hazardous/unpleasant working conditions due to dust, noise, extreme temperatures, weather conditions, and other hazardous 20% – 30% of work time while making field visits of bus maintenance operations, assuming the incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V