2022 SWTA and the Texas Transit Association will combine for a Joint Annual Conference, Expo & State Roadeo – February 22 – 26 in Austin, Texas! Hosted by Austin’s Capital Metro.
The South West Transit Association (SWTA) and Texas Transit Association (TTA) are excited to announce our 2022 Joint Annual Conference, Expo & Roadeo! Bringing together our members representing hundreds of transit providers in the 8-state SWTA Nation – especially Texas! – this event will serve as one of the largest public transit conferences in the nation and among the first in 2022!
Beyond the reach and connections possible through our expanded audience, we’re excited to bring this event to one of the most exciting places in Texas and the Southwest: Austin – the capital of Texas and the live music capital of the world! Aside from the one-of-a-kind attractions and facilities, Austin has to showcase, we’re partnering with Capital Metro, the region’s transit system, to highlight their innovative and evolving mobility network, one that’s set for transformative growth through the Project Connect expansion program approved by Austin voters in 2020.
Our 2022 Joint Annual Conference, Expo & Roadeo will feature the industry-leading content you expect from TTA and SWTA: timely general sessions, invigorating speakers, in-depth breakout sessions and training, plenty of networking opportunities and a chance to kick up your heels with your friends and colleagues from across the transit industry. Some of the highlights will include:
- Full Expo featuring vendors & vehicles spread across three days
- Texas State Roadeo competition on Feb. 25 & 26 featuring 40- & 35-foot bus and cutaway/Body-on-Chassis divisions – open to drivers from and beyond Texas!
- Multiple General Sessions, including top federal transportation officials from Washington, D.C., and an intriguing keynote speaker
- More than 20 breakout workshops & training sessions
- TTA & SWTA Annual Awards presentation
- Multiple networking & socializing opportunities, including a Big Night Out celebration done Texas-style!
- And much more…
We’ll be sharing full details on registration, a call for topics and sessions and information on sponsorships and exhibit space later in August and early September, so stay tuned to your inbox, our websites and social media. If you have ideas or questions in the meantime, please feel to reach out to SWTA Executive Director Rich Sampson (email@example.com; 225.270.0855) or TTA Executive Director Allen Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org; (512) 900-0550)
Rich Sampson – SWTA
Allen Hunter – TTA