About the Director
Meredith Greene has over twelve years of experience in the transportation industry. She has a diverse background in transportation, from working for state departments of transportation to working at public transit agencies, to conducting research on all aspects of public transportation.
She is thrilled to be the new executive director of the Texas Transit Association and looks forward to making the association one of the best in the nation. Ms. Greene truly has a passion for public transportation and ensuring that all transit providers, large and small, can be a part of the strong public transit industry in the great state of Texas.
• M.A.G., Land Use Planning, Texas State University, 2003
• B.A., Geography, Texas Tech University, 2001
• Associate Research Scientist, Transit Mobility Program, Texas A&M Transportation Institute, 2011 to 2015.
• Principal Planner, Long and Short Range Planning, Capital Metropolitan Transit Authority, 2005-2011.
• Planning Assistant, Vehicle Titles and Registration Division, Texas Department of Transportation, 2004-2005.
• Information Systems Analyst, Transportation Planning and Programming Division, Texas Department of Transportation, 2003-2004.
• GIS Data Manager & Field Research Assistant, Whitenton Group, Inc. Environmental Consulting, 2003-2006.
American Institute for Certified Planners (AICP)
• Member, American Institute for Certified Planners (AICP)
• Member, American Planning Association, Texas Chapter, American Planning Association
• Member, Advancing Women in Transportation (WTS), Heart of Texas Chapter